Health Career PipelineGrowing our own healers through lifelong learning.
At Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center, we believe that quality education and meaningful employment are vital to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health of the individual, the family, and the community. Through our Health Career Pipeline, we are "growing our own healers" to meet the needs of the community for culturally competent healthcare providers while also helping Waianae coast residents gain meaningful employment in the community where they live.
Ua ao Hawai`i ke`ōlino nei mālamalama.
Hawai`i is enlightened, for the brightness of day is here.
Hawai`i is in an era of education.
Mahalo and all the best on your educational journey.
Below are brief descriptions of our current training efforts with links to additional details.
- Our Health Career Pipeline begins with our Waianae Youth Initiative programs for high school students and new graduates to introduce them to healthcare careers and provide them with support and information needed to become a successful college student.
- The Pipeline continues with our Wai`anae Health Academy (WHA) for adults. Established in 1992, WHA offers health career certificate programs right in Waianae for a wide range of professions.
- In partnership with A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine, our Waianae campus serves as one of 11 "hub sites" located at community health center campuses across the country to train physicians during their 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of medical school.
- Our Behavioral Health training programs include a Pre-Doctoral Psychology Internship Program and a Clinical Neuropsychology Post-doctoral Fellowship.
- Our Nurse Practitioner Post-Graduate Residency Program helps new family and adult nurse practitioners expand their competency to deliver comprehensive, patient-centered primary care services.
- Other Health Professions Training programs provide onsite clinical training for interns and residents in a wide variety of healthcare careers.